- Pakistan officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, is a sovereign country in South Asia.
- With a population exceeding 191 million people, it is the sixth most populous country
- With an area covering 796,095 km2 (307,374 sq mi), it is the 36th largest country in the world in terms of area.
- Pakistan is a federation that comprises four provinces: Punjab, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh, Balochistan & four territories: Gilgit Baltistan, FATA, Islamabad Capital Territory, Kashmir.
- Pakistan is bordered by Iran to the southwest, Afghanistan to the west, China in the northeast and India to the east.
- Pakistan has a 1,046-kilometer (650 mi) coastline along the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Oman in the south.
- As a result of the Pakistan Movement led by Muhammad Ali Jinnah and the Muslims struggle for independence, Pakistan was created in 1947 as an independent nation for the Muslims from the regions in the east and west of Subcontinent where there was a Muslim majority.
- Initially a dominion, Pakistan adopted a new constitution in 1956, becoming an Islamic republic.
- The war in 1971 led by India resulted in the secession of East Pakistan as the new country of Bangladesh.
- In 2009, the constitutional assignment (the Gilgit–Baltistan Empowerment and Self-Governance Order) awarded the Gilgit–Baltistan a semi-provincial status, giving it self-government.
- The local government system consists of a three-tier system of districts, tehsils and union councils, with an elected body at each tier.
Map of Pakistan
The map of Pakistan. The four provinces and Gilgit baltistan, Kashmir and FATA can be seen in this Map.
Districts of Pakistan
There are about 130 districts altogether, of which Azad Kashmir has ten and Gilgit–Baltistan seven. The Tribal Areas comprise seven tribal agencies and six small frontier regions detached from neighboring districts.
- Districts of Punjab
- Attock, Bahawalnagar, Bahawalpur, Bhakkar, Chakwal, Chiniot, Dera Ghazi Khan, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Hafizabad, Jhang, Jhelum, Kasur, Khanewal, Khushab, Lahore, Layyah, Lodhran, Mandi Bahauddin, Mianwali, Multan, Muzaffargarh, Narowal
Nankana Sahib, Okara, Pakpattan, Rahim Yar Khan, Rajanpur, Rawalpindi, Sahiwal, Sargodha, Sheikhupura, Sialkot, Toba Tek Singh, Vehari
- Districts of KPK
- Abbottabad, Bannu, Battagram, Buner, Charsadda, Chitral, Dera Ismail Khan, Hangu, Haripur, Karak, Kohat, Kohistan, Lakki Marwat, Lower Dir, Malakand, Mansehra, Mardan, Nowshera, Peshawar, Shangla, Swabi, Swat, Tank, Tor Ghar, Upper Dir
- Districts of Sindh
- Badin, Dadu, Ghotki, Hyderabad, Jacobabad, Jamshoro, KARACHI, East, West, South, Central, Malir, Kashmore, Khairpur, Larkana, Matiari, Mirpurkhas , Naushahro Firoze,
Shaheed Benazirabad, Kambar Shahdadkot, Sanghar, Shikarpur, Shikarpur, Tando Allahyar, Tando Muhammad Khan, Tharparkar, Thatta, Umerkot
- Districts of Balochistan
- Awaran, Barkhan, Bolan, Chagai, Dera Bugti, Gwadar, Harnai, Jafarabad
Jhal Magsi, Kalat, Kech, Kharan, Khuzdar, Kohlu, Lasbela, Loralai,
Mastung, Musakhel, Nasirabad, Nushki, Panjgur, Pishin, Qilla Abdullah,
Qilla Saifullah, Quetta, Sherani, Sibi, Washuk, Zhob, Ziarat
- Gilgit Baltistan
- Gilgit, Hunza-Nagar, Ghizer, Ghanche, Astore, Diamar, Kharmang, Skardu, Shigar
- Azad jammu and Kashmir
- Muzaffarabad, Hattian, Neelum, Mirpur, Bhimber, Kotli, poonch, Bag, Haveli, Sudhnati
- Bajaur Agency, Khyber Agency, Kurram Agency, Mohmand Agency, North Waziristan Agency, Orakzai Agency, South Waziristan Agency, FR Bannu, FR Dera Ismail Khan, FR Kohat, FR Lakki Marwat, FR Peshawar, FR Tank